Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Random Postcards

While I am waiting for my 365 series from this week to dry, and you all are waiting for me to scan them in (which takes forever, btw because I'm a perfectionist and sometimes I have to literally give up without being satisfied), I hastily scanned in some other postcard images. These are terribly fast, terrible scans, so they really only give you a gist of things. But I have made tons of postcards already, and I think I may be nearing the end of my mad journey where they are concerned. We shall see.

Random postcards that are up for grabs if you send me a street address...





AND:
Fun with veggies! These are some of the results of the potato stamps. I also tried a really old cucumber I found in my fridge. It worked out pretty well. The seeds formed a very nice pattern...





Fun. Okay, now I begin the real scanning.

2 comments:

Vag said...

i love...well, its not numbered, but i really love one of them.
also...i like the tree stamp the best. good job.

Vag said...

I think your postcards would help someone's day, more than we could ever know:

Australian Schapelle Corby, a young hair stylist who is serving a 20 year sentence in a hellhole of a prison because when traveling to Bali from Australia for a family vacation to see her sister who lives in Bali with her husband and children, customs claimed to have found 4 kilos of pot in her boogie board. Shapelle has steadfastly denied knowing anything about it.
At first they said Schapelle might get the death penalty. Then they sentenced her to 25 years. She's down now to 20 due to good behavior. There are prisoner transfer treaties between Indonesia and Australia, but Schapelle was denied even that. Here's a picture of what her cramped cell looks like, you can see the stove so close to the toilet. . .


If Hillary is too busy this trip (I recognize this is short notice) maybe I'll write her a letter and ask her to send one of her high-level appointees familiar with foreign criminal laws (the office does handle extradition) to visit when he or she is next in the country. It would be the right and the human thing to do.

For the rest of you, Schapelle likes to get letters:

Schapelle Corby C/- LPM Kerobokan Jl. Tangkuban Perahu Kerobokan,
Denpasar 80117 Bali, INDONESIA

watch here for video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMkE83hQ3JE&eurl=http://guerillawomentn.blogspot.com/