What happened in the past year:
1) My dad died on this date last year and I planned the whole funeral by myself in like, three days, while also teaching several courses online. (ETA: I recorded a first day lesson later, the same night he died, and then broadcasted from hotel rooms and basements all over southeastern Wisconsin throughout the summer)
2) The next month: a mentor died suddenly
3) Up In Here: got dropped/ghosted by the dude I was seeing (for the first, not only time)
4) The next month: my cat, Tommy Scrapples died and I had to watch him suffer for a month beforehand
5) Got taken to zoom court and cross examined by my murderer brother over my dad's estate. Verbally fought back because apparently, people still don't understand their own laws on victimhood and domestic violence in Wisconsin....but okay
6) My brother then sent insane letters for several months to the court until the appeal was settled (they are now of record) --on my being an imposter who murdered the real Shana. (Shanna with two n's!)
7) Went through menopause within the year -- which was a total surprise. I was under the impression this would take much longer!
What also changed, positively:
1) I got a treadmill and have managed to walk almost every day, my hip hurts wayway less now, and I am more flexible, again
2) I lost 13 pounds in about 2 months
3) I just started walking in the woods around Baltimore, because I realized how much I missed it when I went home to Wisconsin. Serenity Now. #calltoadventure
4) I am able to start traveling this summer!!!
5) I paid off all of my dad's debt today, on the first anniversary of his death. I was truly so panicked about running his estate, but I did really well! All that's left is to sell the house...
6) I quit one of three jobs!
7) I finally have a few ideas for new art series' AND a new studio!
8) One of these ideas may or may not be dramatic readings of my brother's insane letters to the court, of which I have copies ;)
9) I have a podcast in the initial works...
10) I now have a tenant on my first floor, in Druscilla's studios, right next to mine. I have a few more things to paint, and then will be renting the other studio, across the hall in a bit...
Y'all. Shoot. This has been a MONUMENTAL YEAR for me, in terms of emotions and psyche. But I came out unscathed, and I think, ON TOP.