Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Myspace, You Filthy Whore

(I thought I would stoop to their level)

This is it folks, an update: I can't even write the word 'blogspot' in a DIRECT (private, not so much, it seems) message on myspace any more. Networking site, my foot. They expect you to promote their site, yet do not allow any linking to go on theirs. And then there is the insulting spam messages you will get in return for your patronage, being compared to the likes of 'head lice' and other such sundry and grody things.

So today, I was trying to see if I could put something up on here, a postcard that I have received from someone in Texas. I know her through myspace only, and I literally could not write the singular word 'blogspot' without myspace telling me I had been phished (they are stepping up their tyranny). As in, I somehow phished my own page...tell me how, because I'd like to know.

I tried to send this message multiple times, and to multiple people, I tested it purposely. All of this, after I had to change my password...three times I did this. I have to write it out in code now, b-l-o-g-s-p-o-t and so on.

But I just typed in the one word...'blogspot'.

It's amazingly one of the most feared and/or offensive words on the net, according to myspace. ("it must be eliminated.") It's a far worse word than any other, including swear words. Yep.
I can curse my fanny off, but not write the word 'blogspot' (or 'blogger', I've tried that too) in a private (aka 'heavily screened') message. Does this make sense to you? Myspace should change their name to 'spampolicespace'.

I love my blogspot...I want to share it, and I cannot, no matter how hard I try. I have written so many letters to customer service already. They are useless as well; useless as a networking site, useless where freedom of speech is concerned, useless in helping people, they only fight spam now.

from the Post Secret myspace page:

"One week from today I will be posting my last message here on "Frank's PostSecret Blog on MySpace".....

...I would like to continue sharing new postcards and some of the funny and inspirational stories behind the secrets but recently MySpace has made that very difficult...

...At first, MySpace was a great partner. They redesigned the PostSecret profile page, expressed an interest in extending HopeLine's reach to their network and awarded PostSecret a "MySpace Impact Award". Then the support stopped without warning and things have progressively gotten worse...

...MySpace cancelled a planned meeting we had where Reese Butler and I had hoped to migrate some of the most effective suicide prevention resources from HopeLine directly to the MySpace community. Some of the secrets that I had posted on MySpace were removed without notification and commenters to the Blog saw some of their words and thoughts disappear...

...The final affront came last week when MySpace notified my visitors who tried to use a link to the PostSecret website that, "You have reached a link that is no longer in service. That means the link was very naughty, and, much like head lice, had to be eliminated before it spread."...
-Frank
"


So, here's to you, Blogger...according to myspace, you're an evil little s.o.b.

3 comments:

shana goetsch said...

ETA i JUST received this message from a friend in reply to my myspace bulletin about this dilemma. It more or less says the same thing. i was able to post the original bulletin with the B word in it though...here it is:

dude, your bulletin came through and when i went to reply, it said my message didnt pass the phishing something....then a warning came on my page saying i was phished and to change my password.

they wouldnt even let me respond to your bulletin about supposed phishing with the word blogspot in it!!!

Vag said...

seriously, they really pissed me off! i wrote a bulletin stating so. i'm considering deleting my account. all i did was respond. now they tell me what i can and cant say.

shana goetsch said...

was thinking about deleting today too. but how would i effing LINK anyone to me anywhere else?!?