Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Next Up...

Small Wonders, national, juried exhibition...I'll have two sculptural pieces in the show!


One of the pieces, Things Fall Apart

 
What: Small Wonders (Marcus Civin, juror)
Where: Maryland Federation of Art, Annapolis MD
When: Nov. 28 - Dec. 28, 2014
Reception: December 4, 6-8p



This is the third national juried exhibition at the Maryland Federation of Art, that my work has been accepted to. I've had really odd/good luck there, for some reason. I guess I like visiting Annapolis once in awhile too. The capitol building, straight-up, looks like a little doll house next to Wisconsin's state capitol (which was modeled after the nation's capitol). The difference is also: traveling a barely one-lane cobblestone circle drive, versus navigating a four-lane square with stop lights, off streets and chaos; a quaint, sleepy seaside town, versus the second largest metropolis in the state, etc. It very much tickles me.


I also got word about a week ago that I'll have a solo show in August at Jubilee Arts, in Baltimore! That's my neighborhood art center, and I've worked with them as a community artist before, so it's pretty exciting news for 2015 already!

No comments: