Saturday, December 7, 2013

Art: Fast and Furious on a Thursday

On Thursday I had a whirlwind of a day. Hard to be in three places at once, but I managed two of them! I managed two exhibitions, 45 minutes apart within two hours....somehow. The first was the Student Art Invitational at HCC in Columbia, Maryland. I had four students in the show this semester and I got photos with three of them! Here is us and their exemplary work!





Ingrid Nuttle, "Giractus"






  Belle Eunjong Ko, "Pineapple-hedgehog"




Lindsay D'Andelet, "Merging"





 

Joel LaFerriere, "Untitled"



Joel's work had many admirers! Photo of a photo-taker!


AND THEN, if that wasn't exciting enough, I drove back to Baltimore for Jubilee Arts' "Deck The Walls", where I had several pieces in the show, which I donated. When I got there, I realized that my work was right above that of Fletcher Mackey, one of the brilliant Community Arts faculty at MICA. So I got to show my work right above one of my past professors! I have been in exhibitions with my past professors a few times, but I've never been this close. Delightful! Here's the proof...







No comments: