Thursday, October 24, 2013

Oh! Also a Show!

I forgot because this was sprung on me at the last minute as well...one of my pieces will be in The Highlandtown Arts District Association Exhibition, which runs October 26 through the Closing Reception on November 2, 530-730pm. I think Los Muertos will be in the Amelia Rothschild Gallery upstairs at the Creative Alliance...it's a multi-locale exhibition for people who live and work in Highlandtown (that's me, at the Creative Alliance!)

Anyway, this is a sort of bad photograph, but I had to pop one off all fast-like, early yesterday morning before the drop because I had altered it from it's original. This is a somewhat normal practice for me...the tweaks...however it means I sometimes have to shoot new photos of the work before it leaves the studio. Since I only had about 12 hours notice of the exhibition beforehand, it was a mad, mad morning; one with way too little light. I'll be sure to get a better photo at the exhibition. If it's installed today, I just might be able get the image while I'm at work this week.

But here's the crappy version until then:



Los Muertos
yarn, acrylic on canvas


Exhibition announcement: http://www.creativealliance.org/events/2013/highlandtown-arts-district-association-exhibition

Hope to see you there, Bmore!


No comments: