Monday, October 17, 2011

New Paintings, Beyond Rorschach

I spent the first few days of my mini-vacation painting my little heart out. Watercoloring, is there anything better? I say no. No there is not. It did take me a few days to seal these, and then scan and manipulate the scans so that the two images are together. You see, my scanner is unfortunately about a half an inch too narrow for both to fit at once. I had originally named these "Rorschach Tests", starting at eleven, but now I think they have gone beyond that, so I'm "interrupting" and changing the previous names of the few I finished before, with a "beyond".  The pieces I shared with you last year are here: http://artinshanaty.blogspot.com/2010/08/testing-testing-1-2-3.html

I had a ton of fun with these, it's so fulfilling for me to just play once in a while, I can't even tell you. I really needed this...



Beyond Rorschach - Test #17




Beyond Rorschach - Test #18





Beyond Rorschach - Test #19




Beyond Rorschach - Test #20 




Beyond Rorschach - Test #21 




 Beyond Rorschach - Test #22



Beyond Rorschach - Test #23




Beyond Rorschach - Test #24


Symmetry, it's so darn appealing.

2 comments:

Whitney-Anne Baker said...

I can see how much fun this would be, just love the colours and, yes, the symmetry

shana goetsch said...

Its like the simplest thing in the world, and I am kicking color's ass!
thanks Whitney!