Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Two Nice Things

Stuff has been working out awesomely for me these past few weeks! I just graduated with my MA in Community Arts, the artist talk, the final critique and the closing reception at MICA went really well!
Additionally, some of the MACAns were recently interviewed by 'What Weekly' online magazine in Baltimore, including yours truly... http://whatweekly.com/2011/07/27/hi-art/

AND, Evelyn Patricia Terry strikes again...she reposted the link for me on facebook with these very kind words. "I am a big fan of Shana R. Goetsch's intense commitment to her personal work and to her ability to work intelligently with others to get the job done. Goetsch is a true gift to the universe and being a print-maker myself, I am unable to comprehend the stamina she acquired to produce 4,000 prints! The insightful article, by Justin Allen, appears to have comprehensively documented the artists' intent and Brooke Hall's (photographs)..."

I. LOVE. HER. She is so supportive and incredible.

What I have in the works for Milwaukee*: At the opening, we will have Debra Field from Sojourner Family Peace Center, speaking at 7p about the center, a piece from my series auctioned off for them, a participatory art project AND swing by the Jazz Gallery before the show (2-3:30 pm) to make free art - a collograph printmaking workshop out front....!!! And of course, all that Jazz! This will be amazing!

*More details on the event can be found in this previous post.

No comments: