Thursday, September 2, 2010

Five-Hundred Ten, and Some Odd Change

So I was doing inventory and it seems that I have, in my possession, 510 painting dealing exclusively with circular imagery. Love me some circles...and that's quite the series I've been doing. Of course, this doesn't take into account circle pieces I am currently exhibiting, have sold, or the countless number given as gifts/presents over the years. I'd say there has been well over five-hundred made. I think I'm both master and mistress of my domain at this point. On that note, I have two more circles to show that are new...







I have also been making more row house prints/paintings as well. You'll remember from this earlier post that I have been toying with the idea of 'background overwhelming its subject'. Well, I have a corresponding print (or two) that I pulled from each of my row house plates. As a side note, it feels soooo good to do some collograph printmaking again. I have a minor in printmaking, but alas, no press. It's forever hand-printing for me, and so I have to adapt each technique for home usage. But printmaking has always been so satisfying for me, and my kids in Remington seemed to genuinely love it too. They have inspired me to do more of it, in fact...







I have been steadily finishing these up because I'm getting ready to show MICA's Curator-in-Residence George Ciscle what I made for our upcoming MACA show. I am actually editing myself by not showing him any of the circles I made over the course of the summer. Instead I am bringing in the last three raven pieces, the large row house sculptural piece, and the hand painted row house images that I am currently completing. He's got some hefty credentials, and I have to say honestly, that his lecture/presentation was the best I had been to while at MICA so far. I would love to ultimately be a curator. LOVE. This gives me even more practice, as I had done it before at several RAA exhibitions. We are all getting the chance to curate our upcoming group show, and work with him...so I'll get back to y'all on what makes the final cut for the exhibition.

And the MICA Printmaking lab is now open (it was closed this whole summer) YAY!

2 comments:

Vag said...

i like the idea of keeping the circles out. youve got so much other stuff to exhibit!

shana goetsch said...

yes. yes i do.