Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Moving Monotype



Here's a dim and far away shot of my mail art. I was trying to see what I could do with this paper and watercolor paints. As you can see, it's not really a ton. The paper doesn't absorb and so, these are still drying. But, I think I may have cracked a dilemma that I have been working on regarding the 'stars screaming' quote from earlier. I was trying to think of how I could portray that even a little bit. I came up with scraping the paper (sliding, really) over the paint. It's sort of like a monotype print....a moving monotype. Hmm maybe that's what I'll call this particular batch of mail art. I'm still willing to try entirely different techniques with theses, I'm only in the beginning stages over here. Anyway, that's the update so far. You can see today's circle painting in the upper right hand corner of this photo too. That is also drying. And so, I wait...

1 comment:

Vag said...

awesome!
i enjoy these sorts of things.