Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happenings

A ton of stuff has been happening lately. First off, the gallery that I had my work in over the summer and fall is now out of business so I had to pick up all of my work today. That's eleven more paintings I have to try and stuff somewhere in this already stuffed apartment.
I am hardcore looking at grad school. I may just be able to swing to February 15th deadline, it all depends on my recommendation letters, and if they feel they can get them done in the next month. Otherwise I wait another two years. I suppose it could be worse, but still. I also decided that I will be taking some business and economics classes (not for credit). But I feel that if I ever want to run a non-profit art center (which I think I will at some point) I need to have some basics in that department.
I'm again looking for another job, as my seasonal position is over now (and a week before I had expected it to be).
I am teaching myself photoshop, and screen printing in the very near future. I have all of my materials, but I have to build the screen thingy first.
I may be volunteering again soon....I received another call-back a minute ago.
Let's see, I pick up my work from another show that is finished on the 7th. And then I will try to apply/get into more shows for this next year. I'm starting to get artsy up in here again...watch out world.

I am just hoping to GOD that next year will be better than the last. This year almost killed me....multiple times and in multiple ways. So I only have to get through the rest of the day, and I'm home free. Wooooooooooooooo!
(enthusiasm, it's all I need to have, apparently. *wink*)

No comments: