Tuesday, February 21, 2012

You & Me

...and also, everybody else. I just got word from curator/juror, Lilianne Milgrom that I was accepted into an upcoming show in Washington D.C.!

"It is a pleasure to inform you that you have been accepted into the upcoming juried exhibition at MOCA DC entitled You, Me and Everybody Else. Your work is a wonderful example of contemporary figurative interpretation..."

This was one of the more excellent acceptance letters I have ever received for an exhibition. I have been trying to get into more local shows lately and this one was worth the chance!  For this exhibition, I will be showing two of my pregnancy watercolors, The Center and The Center II. The Center remains one of my favorite pieces that I have ever created. I still remember the mesmerizing affect that the model, Myra had on me at the time. It acts as a "time stamp" piece for me, as I know exactly who I was and what I was feeling at the time that I created this. So needless to say, this one went straight into my permanent "home collection". It has a prominent location, straight ahead as you walk up the short flight of stairs, all eyes an Myra!



This exhibition will be open from April 6th through April 28th at UPFRONT@MOCA DC, with the reception and curator's talk on Friday, April 13th. If you are in the Washington D.C. area, please stop by, I'd love to see you!

No comments: