Friday, May 14, 2010

I've Come a Long Way, Baby


Me and My Two Shadows, 2001


Empty Shell, 2001



These two lovely pieces will be donated to the upcoming RAA show The Stimulus Art Auction. I knew that the call was scheduled to come out soon, so I had these out and waiting for it, specifically. These two pieces are so old. Really, they're almost ten years old by now, but I'm still very fond of them. They are from a series of three, all different aspects of 'self' that I was feeling at the time. The series was about personifying the object, the fruit. I also think they show some elements of my professor's influence. Anne Miotke is a well-known regional artist who works in watercolor, with still-life imagery in a photo realistic way. I think that's a bit of what we have here, being that I was just starting to learn the art of watercolor painting at the time.

Well, these are no longer mine, and are so ready to be auctioned and appreciated!


5 comments:

Vag said...

i love empty shell. the peels are so inviting...almost makes me want to chew on them, which is nasty for an orange peel. but still. its an urge when i look at it.

shana goetsch said...

that's good! hopefully someone will want them for their office, to gnaw on.

Anonymous said...

Me and my two shadows is my fav..the colours match together beautifully!

shana goetsch said...

thanks!

Caio Fern said...

they are beautiful , si quiet and elegant .