Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Quoth the Raven - Mighty Magic Hips


"...These hips are free hips. They don't like to be held back..."

Lucille Clifton, Homage To My Hips


The second piece in this series is now finished. The quote above is used at the bottom of the skirt. With this piece, I concentrated on echoing the bird shape and the human shape, as with the previous piece. I am finding more similarities than I ever dreamed I would. In fact, there are a few more works already physically planned out. Until then...





Mighty Magic Hips
Shana R. Goetsch


(click the image to see it larger, also click on the link to the poem, to hear and see the author read it)

5 comments:

Vag said...

this is PERFECT.
it was made to to represent the sahe of her hips.
amazing job!

Heather Gordy said...

I love it!

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

Great Shana! I also love the wings a lot. :-D

Vag said...

wow.
*shape* of her hips.

shana goetsch said...

i changed the link to a video of the author reading this poem. check it out!