Monday, October 27, 2008

Links...

I had one of those freaky dawning moments when I watched this, randomly on someone's myspace blog today. It's a coincidence, just like aaaall the other ones that happen to me.
So I made these two found objects pieces a couple of weeks ago. They are loosely based on the poem, The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes. But anyway, that's not the issue, the issue is that I used several images from a very old tarot deck. Randomly, they were on my floor, so I used them. (This happens from time to time. I use things that are in my direct environment a lot. It seems to work for me)
So I was watching this video...

Turns out it was this tarot deck in particular that I used images from. And I found out the meanings for those cards specifically, as the meanings are somewhat altered being that the deck is so darn old. But what was interesting for me, is that I used the cards in the pieces in a way that did not pertain to the characters in the poem. I used them because I just needed a visual representation for a woman and a man, and they were there within my vision on the floor. The Highwayman and Bess are definately not the two that are being represented, meaning-wise in the piece with those two tarot card images. It was about me and my own life. My life and their lives sorta paralelled for a few months there...but no, all about me. It was interesting, to say the least, what the cards really meant because I had had someone else in mind the whole time. And they meant something coincidental. Coincidence? I think not.
But anyway, it's all linked. The guy even says so at the end of the video. Freaky.

No comments: