Monday, February 8, 2010

One More...

Artist Statement. What I need to do, is stop being involved in so many different things that require specific statements. After the fourth one in a few months' time, I'm done. I literally think I have it all covered now.


Found Objects in Art

The idea of found objects in art is an intriguing one, for me. It involves
imagining what the object will become, and seeing its future. It is a process
that is full of creativity and hope. “Found Art” transcends its label, being that
it’s transformative, and it always becomes more than the sum of its parts.

I began incorporating found objects into my art many years ago, after a
particular assignment in a two-dimensional art class. I loved wandering
through the neighborhood, and being asked to pick up, in effect, garbage.
Since that time, interesting little things have caught my eye more often. I have
found that little treasures are waiting for me, in my direct path, almost
constantly, and I just need to take the time to truly see them. Much of my
material has been gathered from outside, and on daily journeys. Dirty, rusty,
artsy, junk can frequently be found in my purse, on my coffee table, or in my
car, just waiting for its chance to shine, again.


7 comments:

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

Oh yes, i've lots of fpund objects and i'm thinking of to mix them in my art. :-)

I've received your mail Shana and i sure wanna join. I'm a bit busy lately but tomorrow i will mail you back.

Sweet greetz!

shana goetsch said...

junk is fun, isn't it?

great! i look forward to the email!

Anonymous said...

Junk is fun isnt it!!! and its true to say that those little treasures are destined to be found by the likes of you and a whole host of other gifted artists who transform them and give them a new lease of life as great works of art.

shana goetsch said...

and, we're recycling!

Vag said...

i loves me found objects!

Connie said...

Love love it. I think perhaps you should write children's books. You took me on an inspiring and imaginative journey. Kuddos.

"MOM"

shana goetsch said...

thanks connie!